Tag: Restaurant Review
Ember is a welcome addition to the line of casual bistro with fine-dining influences that we’ve seen populating the suburbs in the last couple of years.
If Lobstar on a busy Thursday night is anything to go by, it appears that Monkstown’s appetite can indeed stretch to make room for another restaurant.
I’m sitting in a fake subway booth that has been inspired by Hong Kong, and has the feel of the set of Blade Runner. The tiny morsel of food in my mouth has left me speechless. It’s the texture of grainy fudge and its taste is overpoweringly intense. Time seems to slow down as my system tries to make sense of this overwhelming experience. I’m at Hang Dai on Camden Street and I’ve just eaten duck brain for the first time.
Charlotte Quay has everything it needs to succeed: a great view, a talented chef, experienced leaders leading the charge and an already loyal fanbase. All they need is for Dubliners to get over the psychological barrier of eating off the beaten track.
Heron helps with the prep and Grey brings out some of the courses. Thanks to their enthusiasm and easy manner, it’s a really fun place to eat. I’ll sum it up this way: the food is so mind-boggingly good that you will want to lick the plate, and Heron & Grey would definitely applaud you if you did so.
The familiar is also present at Pickle, but it’s just better than you’ve had it before.
Everyone here is warm and friendly, and it’s clear that they really care about what they’re doing. It’s immediately apparent to me that Gaillot et Gray will be a great asset to the neighbourhood.
“The meal was a crescendo in enjoyment, starting off well and finishing on a triumphantly high note. Which is, of course, the direction you want a meal to go in”. We check out the Pigeon House Clontarf.
- @totallydublin RT @CobblestoneDub: Sad reading @jacknealonspub approaching final days as a #Dublin Public House - Last Orders @totallydublin https://t.co/… 10:25 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin RT @homestudios_: Looks so good. Finally got our hands on this spread in @totallydublin of work by @CocoWarhol ,… https://t.co/n3PPhxFJE4 9:26 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin To Die For: @a_custard https://t.co/idJiaktOCx https://t.co/C4bkcG4So1 7:15 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin RT @archireland: #WhatWeRead: @TotallyDublin (& @tarafkennedy) review Merrion Hall by architects Stephenson & Gibney #architecture https://… 6:14 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin Last chance! Win a family pass to @TitanicBelfast Winner announced tomorrow https://t.co/tOeAYEVVKT https://t.co/1CaQilL60G 5:01 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin Cinema Review: Aquarius “A powerful social drama & character study” https://t.co/UE4xXeGe4i https://t.co/NqHMPFIQ7X 3:30 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin #TBT Before the digital miracle & the gilded purr of the Celtic Tiger there was the humble zine… https://t.co/HXO6s2aNq4 2:15 pm Mar-30-2017