Tag: Marriage Equality
I proposed to Nathalie about 2 weeks after we first met, I knew straight away she was the one for me. I know she thought I was a bit bonkers but eventually came to round to my way of thinking. I think a winter ceremony in Wicklow would be nice.
The fact that they now knew their daughter was gay forced them to open their mind. It didn’t take them long to see that there was no difference and that my relationship with Etain was just as loving and normal as those of my sisters who were straight.
Love is inclusive of all and not exclusive or conditional – end of! I find it funny that people are going to a ballot box to say how I should live…
New Year’s Eve 2013 is when we got engaged but decided to postpone any further plans on the matter hoping for the good news to arrive on 22nd May as we would absolutely love to celebrate our wedding with friends and family here in Dublin.
Walking into Martcade in Rathmines, we’re greeted by a hallway of jam jars filled with tea lights. We pass through an open kitchen area, where Jette Virdi, food stylist and the key thinker behind The Creatives, is working behind a four hob gas oven to cook a meal for the 18 gathered guests at an intimate supper in aid of Marriage Equality. Her signature red bandana holds back her hair while she caramelises the blood oranges for the starter that will kick off our six-course meal for equality.
Talking about the referendum is tricky. Be persistent, but be kind. Emotions are easily and often embroiled. It’s time to climb out of our trenches.
An all-day, all-welcome festival of music and art complete with a limited edition tie-in record featuring a slew of Irish acts covering their favourite ‘gay anthems’, Record Store Gay is invariably an unmissable event benefiting a great cause. We had the pleasure of sitting down with Áine Beamish and Andy Walsh, the brains behind the operation, to talk about the importance of the day, tackling stereotypes and what to expect on Saturday 18th April.
- @totallydublin RT @CobblestoneDub: Sad reading @jacknealonspub approaching final days as a #Dublin Public House - Last Orders @totallydublin https://t.co/… 10:25 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin RT @homestudios_: Looks so good. Finally got our hands on this spread in @totallydublin of work by @CocoWarhol ,… https://t.co/n3PPhxFJE4 9:26 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin To Die For: @a_custard https://t.co/idJiaktOCx https://t.co/C4bkcG4So1 7:15 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin RT @archireland: #WhatWeRead: @TotallyDublin (& @tarafkennedy) review Merrion Hall by architects Stephenson & Gibney #architecture https://… 6:14 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin Last chance! Win a family pass to @TitanicBelfast Winner announced tomorrow https://t.co/tOeAYEVVKT https://t.co/1CaQilL60G 5:01 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin Cinema Review: Aquarius “A powerful social drama & character study” https://t.co/UE4xXeGe4i https://t.co/NqHMPFIQ7X 3:30 pm Mar-30-2017
- @totallydublin #TBT Before the digital miracle & the gilded purr of the Celtic Tiger there was the humble zine… https://t.co/HXO6s2aNq4 2:15 pm Mar-30-2017